Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Ten Titles

I decided to use this list to get me started on exercising: A 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises

Here's my result for the first one!

 Day 1:

Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.

Fairyfall. This isn't a novel, but a short story collection centered around the night magic fell. I'm excited to try this one out, both because of the format and because I want to talk about that terrible night.

5446. This is the one with the velociraptor warrior princess. 5446 is the number of the space prison she's locked up in (the galactic empire has a lot of prisons, what can I say?).

Mr. Tombstone. I don't know what this is. I just like the sound of it.

What Magic Remains. I want to redo my original series, and this would be the new title of the first book. It's nice and ominous and sad-sounding, I think.

The White Raven. This fits into my Eagle continuity somewhere, and it would center around Azael (White Raven) and his nasty, gorgeous, asshole self.

Before We Are Dust. A different angel book, set in a different world. An urban fantasy. Young guy finds a fallen angel one frigid night and brings him home, and his roommates are a valedictorian type studying to go into a Catholic seminary, and a wild child who doesn't believe in God. They debate and it's kinda fun.

The Thread of Life. This was actually a short story of mine, and I think it's got enough juice to be a novel in its own right. I can't wait to get deeper into Rhialle's character. She's so cool.

The Endless Night. I'm excited to write this one. It's Eagle's fourth book, and he has to escape Rodansk with Fox in the dead of winter with an army of trolls and an entire fucking mountain range against him.

The Brothers Mala. About two brothers who start a religious order based on a (misinterpreted) thirsty dream from a goddess.

This Long Disease. I can't say too much about this one but I am really, really looking forward to it. In a few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fox's Wish

Here's an older story I wrote for a charity anthology a few years ago. This one has strong content, and I warn people with PTSD that chi...